Cake base: Mix 150gm digestive biscuits crumbs with 60gm butter and press into a 8 inch loosepan cake tin.
- 500gm cream cheese
- 100gm sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100gm sour cream
- 15gm flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth, add the beaten eggs gradually and mix evenly. Add the rest of the ingredient and beat well.
- Pour the filling into the cake tin, bake over a hot water bath at 160 deg cel for 1 hour 15 mins.
- Remove water bath. Cool cake slightly.
- Spread the topping over the cheesecake and bake for another 15-20mins at 160 deg cel.
- Cool cake and loosen the sides from the pan with a sharp knife. Chill in fridge overnight before unmoulding.