This is my new improved burdock soup ;D It taste sweeter than what I've done previously. The burdock root has an earthy flavour which some may find it hard to accept. Therefore I've added some honey dates and cordyceps militaris which have sweeter tone, hopefully my kids will enjoy this nutritious soup :D
- 300gm pork ribs
- 1 pc burdock
- 2 potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 20gm cordyceps militaris 虫草花
- 1 honey dates
- salt to taste
- Wash and blanch pork ribs in hot water for 5 mins. Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Scrub burdock cleanly，not a need to remove the skin. Slice thinly.
- Peel carrots and potatoes, cut in cubes.
- Place all ingredient in a stock pot. Add about 2 liters of water. Bring to boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 2 hrs. Add salt to taste.